martes, 13 de julio de 2021

English Language Challenges

 

I learnt English when I was young thanks to video games, and later on because I used many English sites (9gag, tumblr, among others), I think my English comprehension is relatively good, but not my fluence – and better not speak about my speech which is not really good –  I think the most challenging thing about learning English in university is making more complex ideas than just random comments, writing about a subjects with a minimum count of words was kind of difficult too, as well using formal language and not just abbreviations or slangs. I think I need to improve my writing skills – in a formal aspect mostly –, and for that I think I could start chatting with people from another countries, ideally native English speakers – I have a Bengali friend and we communicate through English, but we both notice that our English is kind of elementary – Anyway, I think it is going to be difficult for me, because I already have problems communicating in Spanish (I am very shy and I barely speak to my friends)  and I do not think this is going to be better in English.

Other aspect I must improve of my English, as I said above, is my speech. Being shy is not helpful at all in this, but I need to practice speaking before going to any country where the native language is not Spanish, after all, English is still the universal language, and if I do not know well the native language, at least I can speak proper English, and ask for directions or anything necessary.

(I do not think I will download duolingo anytime soon, I think the owl may be angry with me because I leave my english and french lessons without any warning)


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

English Language Challenges

  I learnt English when I was young thanks to video games, and later on because I used many English sites (9gag, tumblr, among others), I th...