martes, 11 de mayo de 2021

Why Psychology?

 

I love my career, but It would not be true If I say I have always wanted to study Psychology, and even in a particular moment of my life I hated therapists. So, how was that I changed my mind about it? Well, when I was approximately fifteen years old I watched a documentary, It was about Vincent Van Gogh, I was touched by his tragic life and his breathtaking work, so I started to investigate more about him, and about other artists as well, not only focusing in visual arts, I also learnt about musicians and writers whose life were tragically beautiful and how some of them committed suicide, many because they could not find someone who understanded how they felt, so I started to feel a deep empathy with artists in general, so I thought “Maybe I would be a good art historian”, so my first career choice until I turned seventeen was Theory and History of Art, and then, all of the sudden I did not wanted to study that anymore, not because I did not like art, but because I understanded that what I really wanted was to help people, to ease their sadness and pain, and not only learn about them, but help them.

Wheatfield with Crows, Vincent Van Gogh, 1890


3 comentarios:

  1. Vicent van Gogh is an inspiration to many, what a good story <3
    His paintings are beautiful :)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. How great is the source of your motivation to help people psychologically; the sensitive way to appreciate the world of Artists may cause those kinds of intense emotions (too much in some cases), it's key to have some psychological help in that sense sometimes (or many times)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. it is incredible how art can express so many emotions from an artist...

    ResponderEliminar

English Language Challenges

  I learnt English when I was young thanks to video games, and later on because I used many English sites (9gag, tumblr, among others), I th...